In this interview Igor talks about training with Dvoretsky, as well as his time at the famous Petrosian & Smyslov Schools in Russia as well as speaking about:
- Australian Chess Players
- Training with GM Zong-Yuan Zhao
- His game with former u/12 world champion FM Bobby Cheng
- Why Melbourne is better than Sydney
- Jumping into the top 100 players in the world circa 2000
- and some advice for the next generation of Australian Masters.
Outside of the interview he spoke about a busy chess year in 2013, beginning with the Bundesliga starting next week where he's likely to play board 1. He seemed very positive about Australia despite playing his worst tournament in many years, and he made the interview easy. He also mentioned that chess in Germany finishes around December and that he'd be open to returning to Aus in December/January.
Thank you GM Igor Khenkin!!! (Please check back next week for a 1.5 lecture from Igor which I'll upload when I get time.
Feel free to redistribute the video:)